DRB celebrates 35th anniversary
On 1st March, DRB celebrated 35 years since it first opened its doors in Newry Park, Chester.
DRB Engineering Services was formed on 1st March 1976, in an almost derelict unit in Newry Park, Chester and initially sold bearings, belts and chains and offered machining services to manufacturing companies in Chester, the Wirral and North Wales.
Our focus, as it is today, was on providing a great service to our customers - we were the first firm in the area to offer 24/7 availability and our repair service still sets the standard today.
Over the years, we have grown from a 'one man band' to one of the major engineering firms in the region, employing around 170 staff and offering a full range of maintenance and project engineering services to our clients. Today our services include:
- Supply of engineering components
- Asset condition monitoring and predictive maintenance
- Maintenance, repair and overhaul of existing plant and equipment
- Design, manufacture and commissioning of new plant and equipment
and our areas of expertise now cover:
- Mechanical and electrical engineering
- Machining and fabrication
- Power transmission/bearings
- Hydraulics and pneumatics
- Industrial pumps and process valves
- Electric motors